Applications for the 2021 COVID-19 Business Support Grants have opened and will close on 16 November 2021.
You may be eligible to receive a grant of between $10,000 and $30,000 (excluding GST) depending on the size of your business. This grant may be used for business expenses.
Under the joint Queensland and Australian Government support package, tiered payments based on payroll size for eligible businesses and not-for-profit organisations across Queensland are available.
- $10,000 grant to employing small businesses and not-for-profit organisations with an annual payroll in Queensland of less than $1.3 million
- $15,000 grant to employing medium sized businesses and not-for-profit organisations with an annual payroll in Queensland between $1.3 million and $10 million
- $30,000 grant to employing large sized tourism and hospitality focused businesses and not-for-profit organisations with an annual payroll in Queensland of greater than $10 million.
Who can apply
To be eligible, your business or not for profit organisation must:
- employ staff (employees does not include any business owners)
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) continuously held from 30 June 2021
- be registered for GST
- have Queensland headquarters and have been trading in Queensland on 31 July 2021
- not be insolvent, or have owners or directors that are insolvent or an undischarged bankrupt
- have an annual payroll of not more than $10 million (except for large businesses and not for profit organisations operating in an identified tourism and hospitality sector) during any of the 2019, 2020 or 2021 financial years
- have an annual turnover of over $75,000 during any of the 2019, 2020 or 2021 financial years
- Note: Businesses that have recently started can provide financial records to show they will reasonably meet this turnover requirement in the 2022 financial year
- demonstrate the business or not for profit organisation was directly or indirectly impacted by a lockdown event
- demonstrate or declare a reduction in turnover of 30% or more during a nominated 7-day period
- this must include at least 1 full day of a lockdown event when comparing against turnover achieved during the same 7-day period in July or August 2019; or
- if the 2019 period does not indicate a typical weekly turnover (e.g. for a recently started small business or business that has experienced structural changes), include another comparable period (e.g. the same period in July/August 2020).
Large tourism and hospitality businesses and not for profit organisations must ensure they are undertaking business activities in any of the identified tourism and hospitality ANZSIC code industry areas and meet all eligibility criteria (an annual payroll can be greater than $10 million).
How to apply
a. Create a QRIDA profile
If you do not have a QRIDA profile login, complete the following steps:
- Visit the QRIDA portal to create your profile.
- If you have not registered with QRIDA before:
- click on the ‘Register’ tab and enter your details
- after registering, QRIDA will send an email to validate your account – allow time to receive this email (remember to check your junk email too)
- when you have validated your account, you will be ready to log into the QRIDA portal and submit when applications open.
b. Gather and prepare your supporting evidence to submit with your application.
d. Processing Time
Grants will be processed in the order that they are received. The Government has announced that all eligible businesses who apply for the grant during the 3-month application period will receive funding.
Each State is continuing to release details of their own support for businesses. If you have been affected by another state lockdown, please feel free to contact us for the further information.