Disaster Recovery Allowance (DRA) is a short term payment to support those who have lost income as a direct result of the floods in South East Queensland starting in February 2022. You can make a claim until 27 August 2022.
Who is eligible ?
To receive this allowance, you must meet all of the following.
- You were 16 or older at the time of the floods,
- You are an Australian resident or hold an eligible visa,
- You work or live in an affected Local Government Area (LGA),
- You lost income as a direct result of the storms and floods, and
- You earn less than the average Australian weekly income in the weeks after you had this income loss. ($1,737.10 per week)
If you are part of a couple, you can both claim this allowances. You and your partner will need to make separate claims.
If you receive any of the following payments during your claim period, you are not eligible for Disaster Recovery Allowance (DRA).
Our thoughts go out to everyone affected by the severe weather events in Gold Coast and surrounds. If you are unsure if you are eligible for this allowance, please feel free to contact us. We are here to help you.